Friday, April 21, 2006

Perspective

I think a great challenge in life is to keep perspective. The problem with perspective is that it is internal- it is hard to tell when we've lost it and have got sucked into some problem or circumstance in our life that has wrecked our perspective. It often takes an outside source to point out to us that we've lost perspective.

The beauty of perspective is that it allows us to relax. The truth is we should live in a restful state with God that keeps life in a right perspective, even when difficulties do come. We should be able to enjoy life, realizing that our true treasure is in heaven and everything good that happens to us on this earth is just icing. Or maybe it is less than icing- maybe it is just the frosted writing on the cake that says "I love you" from God. Regardless we should remember that heaven is our home and that God loves us passionately. We can just allow God to work through our lives and let go of any desires that aren't necessary for our calling.

My prayer for you today is that you would give a quick glance at the way you are looking at life and ask "Have I lost perspective? Am I living in a restful state? Are the fruit of the spirit evident in how I am conducting myself, or is it some other kind of fruit? If it is some other kind of fruit, why is my perspective out of whack or lost?" Please take some time and think about this. You never know what might come to the surface. Regain your perspective today!

Your companion in Christ,
Sean

No comments: