It's a fundamental revelation I've had. People either give a shit about others and are righteous, or they are somewhat to very egocentric and think, to one degree or another, that the world revolves around themselves.
The more I think about it, I think people - if they find out they aren't going to Heaven - they are very focused on "what they can do to go to Heaven." What most people don't understand is, the people who are going to Heaven don't do shit so that they can go to Heaven - they do shit because THEY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.
I don't know how you can teach someone to really care about other people. Either you naturally are somewhat to very concerned about your fellow man, or you aren't. It's hard to teach selflessness. It's hard to teach "letting go of self" and putting your trust in the Lord - either you are all about protecting yourself and your future, or you've released your need to worry about the future and are focused largely to completely on just making the world a better place. There's not as much middle ground as people think. People either spend their time thinking about themselves, or when they are out and about, they are looking for opportunities to make the world a better place. It's one or the other, and the second is hard to teach. Can people easily go from one to another? Some can for sure, but... those people often had a lot of trauma, and were going to eventually get that revelation anyway.
Yeah, I don't know. I want to believe that people are somewhat in control of their own destiny, but at the moment I'm unsure. Either someone has basically always been really righteous and thinking about "the other," or they are fairly evil in the beginning, have a massive epiphany, and become super righteous. Everyone else is stuck being anywhere from somewhat evil, or not quite righteous enough for Heaven. Food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment